“When I came to EcoTraining, I could feel the nature from the beginning. It reminds me of an old Chinese saying, that man is an integral part of nature.”
Why do the course?
If you are an adventurous spirit wanting to gain a greater understanding of nature and the environment while experiencing the excitement of the bush, then the EcoQuest is for you. Or if you are a student testing the waters for a career in this field, join this course. And on top of it all, we show you how to drive a 4x4 vehicle, to identify birds, plants, trees and tracks, and how to track animals.
The course consists of two components – fascinating facts and knowledge gained about all elements of nature combined with a day in the life of a safari guide experience.
- You will learn about the infinite variety of living organisms that exist in nature.
- Study the behaviour, interaction and identification of the small creatures and birds in our ecosystems.
- Understand the underlying elements that support this variety of life such as geology, soils, plants and climate.
- While you study these smaller organisms, you will study and learn to identify the habits and behaviour of the larger charismatic wild animals that roam our wilderness areas.
- Common trees and shrubs
- Animal tracks and tracking
- Bird identification and behaviour
- Animal behaviour
- Orientation and navigation
- Bush skills
- Using binoculars correctly and positioning for photography
2017 7-day – R8 500
2017 14-day – R17 900
2018 7-day - R9 150
2018 14-day - R19 300
2017 7-day – R14 500
2017 14-day – R25 700
2018 7-day - R16 500
2018 14-day - R28 100
Our winning formula
You will be based in camps in prime wildlife areas, and partake in wilderness walks or game drives twice a day. You could be trained in two different game reserves, exposing you to a diversity of habitats and species. No other training provider can match this variety of training environments, or the frequency of practical activities we offer.
28 June-2 July 2017 (Karongwe) - Family EcoQuest
9 July-15 July 2017 (Makuleke)
20 August-26 August 2017 (Karongwe)
26 August-8 September 2017 (Karongwe & Makuleke)
30 September-6 October 2017 (Makuleke)
10 December-23 December 2017 (Karongwe & Makuleke)
2 July-6 July (Karongwe) 2018 - Family EcoQuest
16 July-29 July 2018 (Karongwe)
18 August-31 August 2018 (Makuleke & Karongwe)
29 October-4 November 2018 (Karongwe)
1 November-14 November 2018 (Mashatu & Makuleke)
14 November - 20 November (Makuleke)
22 November - 28 November (Makuleke)
10 December-16 December (Karongwe)