At EcoTraining, we believe that by exposing children at an early age to wildlife, nature conservation and life-giving ecosystems, they will gain a deeper appreciation of our natural world. Ultimately we aim to create a future generation of environmentally-conscious citizens.
Why do the course?
As well as spending time absorbed in an African bush camp, the course aims to expose both children and adults to the following outcomes:
- Explore and become passionate about African wildlife and the environment in which it is contained
- Learn fun and practical life skills including bush survival skills
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the common plant and animal species
- Learn about the dependency of organisms on each other and the environment to survive
- Study astronomy and the ancient stories of the stars
- Become more aware of the current conflicts between humans and wildlife in Africa
- Explore the current conservation initiatives being utilised in Africa
- Get closer to EcoTraining's mission of creating Guides and Guardians our the natural world
- The web of life
- Basic identification of plants and animals
- Basic birding knowledge
- Reptile identification
- Insects, spiders, scorpions
- Animal tracks and tracking
- Star-gazing – the basics of astronomy
- The inter-relatedness of all the species
- Bush survival skills including navigation and orientation
- Extinction – what it means
- Competition at end of course – the safari guide challenge
*The course is dynamic and can be modified according to interest levels, required outcomes, weather, etc.
2017 Family EcoQuest 5-day - R6 000 (adult) / R4 800 (child under 16)
2018 Family EcoQuest 5-day - R7 000 (adult) / R5 200 (child under 16)
2017 Family EcoQuest 5-day - R9 000 (adult) / R7 600 (child under 16)
2018 Family EcoQuest 5-day - R10 000 (adult) / R7 900 (child under 16)
Our winning formula
You will be situated in one of our secluded bush camps tucked into a wilderness environment. You will explore the unique wildlife and habitats of the area when you leave camp twice a day for a wilderness walk or game drive. No other training provider can match this variety of training environments, or the frequency of practical activities we offer.
28 June - 2 July 2017 (Karongwe)
2 - 6 July 2018 (Karongwe)
Watch the young participants in action, fascinated