“I cannot thank you enough for the amazing safari guide course that Justin, my son, attended, and for all the input you have each invested into his life.”
Why do the course?
The basis of this course was first developed in 1993 and was the first of its kind in the safari industry. It is for those who are passionate about nature, and who would like a more in-depth experience and understanding of it.
- Ecology, geology and soils
- Trees/Vegetation Identification
- Tracks and tracking
- Guiding Skills (including vehicles and radio procedures)
- Reptiles and Amphibians
- Climate and Sleep-out
- Fish and Taxonomy
- Habitat Management
- Historical Human Habitation
- Basic Fire Arm Theory and Practical Shoot/Study Day (depending on camp)
2017 R 35 500
2018 R 38 500
2017 R 46 600
2018 R 50 500
Our winning formula
You will be based in camps in prime wildlife areas, and partake in wilderness walks or game drives twice a day. You could be trained in two different game reserves, exposing you to a diversity of habitats and species. No other training provider can match this variety of training environments, or the frequency of practical activities we offer.
There are two tests, one presentation and one assessment during this course. These are not compulsory, yet they do give the learner a sense of purpose and meaning while doing this course. For those who are not interested in studying, writing and being tested, kindly be considerate of those who are attending this course for those purposes.
* Depending on the particular group, activities and lectures may change due to group interests and sightings. However, lectures and activities will always be offered for students who want the full course structure and experience.
You could walk away with
At the end of this course, you will be awarded an EcoTraining participation certificate.
14 April-4 May 2017 (Makuleke)
6 May-2 June 2017 (Karongwe)
7 July-3 August (Karongwe & Mashatu)
1 September-28 September 2017 (Mashatu)
5 June-2 July 2018 (Mashatu)
2 September-29 September 2018 (Mashatu)