Our definition of guardian: a person who promotes, advances and protects nature.
Ten reasons why EcoTraining is the world leader in guide and nature training
1. Founded in 1993 – EcoTraining is the original guide training school in South Africa, with the largest, most bio-diverse footprint in Africa.
2. Formally accredited training courses – the most recognised of any training school in Africa.
3. Greatest variety of nature training courses – from 7 days of Animal Tracking to our one-year Professional Field Guide program.
4. Knowledgeable team of instructors – totaling 120+ years of real time bush experience.
5. Located in 6 pristine wildlife reserves in 5 African countries – totaling 100 000 hectares (250 000 acres) of wilderness.
6. The only training school to be situated inside the Kruger National Park.
7. Trained over 10,000 students and professional safari guides; many of who are now leaders in the industry.
8. Employment opportunities - due to our longstanding relationship with many of Africa’s top game reserves, our graduates readily find jobs. For example, Singita Game Reserve has indicated that it prefers EcoTraining graduates.
9. Wilderness immersion - students enjoy two practical activities a day, seven days a week.
10. Our intention is to create guides and guardians for the wilderness.