Guest writer Katherine Rundell runs us through some of the top 10 Wildlife Must-Reads.
We know that as you self-isolate during this lock-down period of 21-days it will be hard, especially as most of you love the outdoors and the idea of adventures in the African Bush, we are on your page.
For those of you who are at home, we feel you and want to assure you that for the next coming weeks we are going to try keep you as entertained and immersed in a ‘bush experience’ as possible, just because you will be at home doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the magic of the wilderness!
We will continue with our weekly trivia questions, our quizzes and add some word search and crossword fun in there for you to keep your mind’s busy and the brain sharp.
In the meantime, for the sake of your sanity, we have come up with a list of things that will entertain you and your family while you wait out the lock-down:
Something for the nature enthusiasts:
and to keep you entertained…
- You can never go wrong with Sir. David Attenborough. When you can’t get into the bush, he brings the bush to you, learn, be moved and feel a part of an incredible journey. Watch the Planet Earth Series.
- We have a new series coming your way: Tarry & Tayla Birding 101 or as we are calling it Bird.I.Y. Keep your eyes peeled on the EcoTraining YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/EcoTraining this series will keep you entertained and even make you pee a little bit with all the laughter. Starting on the 6th of April @ 16h00 (GMT).
Reading and brushing up on your nature skills:
- We have loads of quizzes and we will have new ones every Thursday @ 13:30 (GMT). In the meantime if you missed any of the most recent ones, don’t fear, here they are:
- Some reading we think you might enjoy:
- Changing A Leopard’s Spots: The Adventures of Two Wildlife Trackers –
- When The Lion Feeds – Wilbur Smith
- The Wonderful Wild –
- A Game Ranger Remembers – Bruce Bryden
Something for the kids:
- Reading: Here are a few of our top picks for kids who love animals and wildlife.
- Audio: Here are our top audio/audiobook picks for kids who are adventurous and love the outdoors.
Should we add an Ugly Five Quiz? It could be quite funny – here is a test in the meantime (for you or the kids).
We know you would all rather be in the bush and outdoors but in the meantime, we hope we play a little part in lightening up your day and who knows you might be smelling the fresh smells of acacia trees and hearing a hippo grunt before you know it.