Selati Game Reserve, South Africa
Average summer maximum temperature (October-March): 35°C
Average minimum winter temperature (April-September): 4°C
The camp consists of 10 simple dome tents, each with two mattresses and single pillows (two learners per tent). There are shared bathroom facilities and a central communal area overlooking the Selati River.
Please bring a sleeping blanket, additional blanket and pillow should you require them. There are no mosquito nets available at Selati.
- Fresh drinkable water is available from the taps. Bottled water is available for purchase.
- Soft drinks and selected beverages (local beers and ciders) are sold from the camp and can only be paid for with cash. There are no credit/debit card or cheque facilities. Cordial fruit juices are served with meals. Tea and coffee are available throughout the day.
- The game viewing vehicles are open-top Land Rovers and Land Cruisers
- For the duration of your stay, there will typically be a head instructor, assistant instructor, camp co-ordinator, camp cook and a camp cleaning lady.
- A laundry service is provided by the camp and available for a small charge (included at no extra charge for the Professional Field Guide One Year Course)