Introduction to Biomimicry
Get to grips with fundamental concepts and how to learn from nature.
WHY DO THE COURSE?
The Introduction to Biomimicry course is designed for people who have heard of biomimicry, are curious about it, and may even have a basic understanding of it already.
The objective of this course is to give you a strong foundational understanding of biomimicry. We go from fundamental concepts to in-depth explanations of how to practically apply biomimicry, using engaging visuals and real-world examples.
You can use this knowledge to start applying biomimicry to your life and work, as well as to take your biomimicry learning journey further.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Course Introduction
- Why biomimicry – Discover why biomimicry is so pertinent to our world; from exponential change, shifting paradigms, and socio-economic and environmental pressures that affect all humans. The 3 elements of biomimicry – (Re)connect, Ethos, Emulate – are also explained in this section
- What is Biomimicry – In this section, we use detailed case studies to explore the 3 levels of biomimicry when emulating nature – Form, Process, and System.
- How do we do biomimicry – This section covers the biomimicry methodology: the step-by-step instructions and tools you need to start emulating natural models; for both the “Biology to Design” approach and the “Challenge to Biology” approach.
- Digital handbooks that cover the video content in much greater detail, plus lots of additional links and resources.
- The course consists of short videos and quiz assessments for each section, as well as online handbooks with more in-depth information and links for further reading.
- We recommend allowing approximately 5 hours over 1 month for this course.
- Courses are available for 4 months after your initial access. You will retain perpetual access to the handbooks, during, and after the online course.
- You can make use of our Facebook page: Learn Biomimicry Community to ask questions, post comments, and meet other people doing the courses. We can also set up a private Group if you are going through the courses with a cohort of peers or colleagues.
CERTIFICATION AND ACCREDITATION OF COURSE
This course is endorsed by Biomimicry SA and Biomimicry Institute
The purpose of the Biomimicry Institute is to naturalize biomimicry in the culture by promoting the transfer of ideas, designs, and strategies from biology to sustainable human systems design
As a regional network of the Biomimicry Institute, Biomimicry SA promotes the study and imitation of nature’s remarkably efficient designs, bringing together scientists, engineers, architects, and innovators who can use those models to create sustainable technologies.
You will receive a personalised certificate of completion after the successful completion of the course.
This course is offered on demand and can be completed at your own pace within the 4 month period.
|2020||$ 79||2020||$ 79|