Why join us?
A thrilling hands-on bush adventure combining the fascinating elements of nature, being up, close and personal to wild animal interactions and trying out some of the typical aspects of a game ranger’s work and life.
You will experience this...
- Wake up with tunes of early morning bird-song and drumbeats
- Go on a game drive out into the wilderness, fresh air in your face; an outing promising the soul food of awe-inspiring views and exciting encounters with wild animals
- Learn to drive a powerful 4x4
- Walk into the wilderness, approaching big game on foot (with an armed instructor always close by)
- Wade through a river feeling the cool water against your sun-kissed legs
- Sit around the camp fire at night with plenty of time to enjoy a couple of drinks
- Share sunrises and sunsets together and capture all these memories on camera
What you will do
- use tracking skills to find animals
- gain knowledge and skills to protect our wildlife
- sleep out under the stars of the African skies
- navigate and orientate yourself using nature’s markers and signs;
- learn how to handle a rifle, practise target shooting
- steer yourself and your friends in a rugged 4x4 vehicle, whilst learning off-road driving skills
- study the night skies and brush up on your astronomy knowledge
- learn so much about wildlife
2017 To be confirmed
2017 dates to be confirmed
This one week Bush Matric Rage is not for sissies. You will need more courage to face that elephant on foot, or in the camp, than you will need to face that tequila hangover.