Operating for three decades, EcoTraining is the pioneer and leader in Africa’s safari guide and wildlife training. The safari industry widely recognises EcoTraining’s credibility and standard of excellence in nature guide training. We offer accredited career courses, gap year and sabbatical programmes, nature programmes, high school and university study abroad programmes, custom courses, and on-site professional guide training at safari lodges. All courses are run directly from EcoTraining’s unfenced bush camps in prime wilderness areas across South Africa, Botswana, Kenya, and Zimbabwe. EcoTraining has trained 14 000 people from 33 different countries worldwide.
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases, and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided on this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed. ‘Deep-linking’, ’embedding’, or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose, and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents, and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called “Providers”, assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness, or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues, and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
- modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website;
- and/or change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other than which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
Availability will have to be checked before making a booking. Either contact the Sales department through email, website or telephone. Once availability is confirmed, the Sales department sends the necessary booking documents and registration forms to complete. A 25% deposit is required to confirm a booking, and the balance of 75% and any transfer fees must be settled four weeks before the start of a course.
Cancellation Policy (should you cancel your booking, the below cancellation policy will apply):
- 5 – 8 weeks before the start of the course, then 25% of the full course rate will be forfeited
- 28 to 34 days before the start of the course, then 40% of the full course rate will be forfeited
- 21 – 27 days before the start of the course, then 60% of the full course rate will be forfeited
- 14 – 20 days before the start of the course, then 70% of the full course rate will be forfeited
- Less than 14 days before the start of the course, then 100% of the full course rate will be forfeited
- The fee for all EcoTraining Online courses is non-refundable
An administration % fee of the full course rate will be charged for amendments to bookings and/or bookings canceled 9 weeks or more before the start of the course. We will only accept cancellation writing.
No refunds will be issued for missed or unused services. In the event of sickness, death, family emergency, or similar, EcoTraining may “bank” a course for 12 months (from cancellation date), during which time you can return to take up unused services. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the full course fee and monies already paid. Dates are subject to availability and supporting documents are required (medical certificate etc.). All associated costs of returning to the course will be at your own expense.
The responsibility remains with the traveller to ensure they are fully aware of the most current immigration laws and visa requirements of the country/ countries they intend visiting. EcoTraining cannot assist in this regard. Please, will you contact your preferred travel professional for further advice?
Disclosure of outlet country at time of payment
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards only. We, unfortunately, do not accept American Express and Diners Club cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options. You can find more information on other payment options by e-mailing [email protected] or phoning the office at +27 (0)13 752 2532.
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to EcoTraining and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by EcoTraining for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
+27 (0)13 752 2532
Cnr Ehmke and Van der Merwe Streets
The Outpost Centre, Shop 4
Last modified 29/08/2023