Head Instructors should have a minimum of:
- NQF 4, VPDA, FGASA Level 3, Advanced Trails Guide and Current Advanced Rifle Handling (or very close to attain these)
- 5 years related industry experience
- Current NDT Registration
- Current PDP
- Current FGASA Membership
The vacancies are for our Karongwe, Selati, Pridelands, Botswana, Makuleke camp but also any other venue we might utilise for training. It depends on the calibre of instructor we get, where they will be stationed and if they want a roaming/relief role.
- Accommodation provided – Single Tented Accommodation
- Other benefits: Bonus Incentive based on Personal and Company Performance
- What would the start date be: As soon as possible
- Who would do the first round of interviews: Will be done with the GM
- Interview method, on-site, Skype, telephonic: First interview will be by telephone/Skype, unless candidate is in the vicinity
- Second round of interview will be in Nelspruit with the MD – Anton Lategan
- All appointments comes with a 3 month probation period.
An Instructor at any of our EcoTraining Camps will be responsible for the general management and running of the camps. This includes the planning and management of maintenance on infrastructure, vehicles and equipment. Instructors are also responsible for all firearms and ammunition and they are to make sure all firearms are safe, well maintained and in a good working order.
Instructors are also to liaise with Reserve Management on concession matters.
Each camp has a cook, cleaner and Camp Coordinators. Cooks and Cleaners report to Camp Coordinators who in turn report to the Head Instructor, and if there is no Head Instructor present, they report to the Assistant Instructor. There are also students in camp on work experience placement or on volunteer basis. Instructors are responsible to make sure these students are mentored and their development programmes are followed
The most important part of an Instructor position is to provide an inspirational and immersive learning experience to all course participants, in order for them to reconnect to nature. Instructors need to plan and facilitate the daily activities. They also need to make sure the correct academic requirements are met with regards to lectures, lecture content, tests, assessments and the required administration processes are correctly followed and completed.
If you are interested in the position, please send your CV to Wilhelm Espach at [email protected].